Transfer Talk: Barcelona offer Chelsea £38m plus Malcom for Willian


The transfer window for Europe's biggest clubs is open again. Transfer Talk has been scouring the world's media and setting our correspondents loose to see who could be heading to/out of your club this month.

Top Story: Chelsea reject Barca bid for Willian

Chelsea have rejected a cash-plus-player offer from Barcelona for Willian, as per the Telegraph.

The La Liga champions are said to have offered £38 million plus Malcom for the 30-year-old winger, who has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou in the past.

However, the Blues are reluctant to let Willian leave Stamford Bridge this month with uncertainty over Callum Hudson-Odoi's future. The 18-year-old winger has been the subject of multiple bids from Bayern Munich.

Barca are keen to offload Malcom, who has struggled to impress following his summer move from Bordeaux and missed two quality chances in his team's Copa del Rey loss to Levante on Thursday. The 21-year-old forward, who snubbed Roma to join the Blaugrana, has managed just 100 minutes in La Liga so far this term, but it appears he won't be reviving his career at Chelsea.

Arsenal chasing Banega and Suarez loans

Unai Emery may have ruled out signing players on a permanent basis this month, but Arsenal remain interested in tying up loan deals for Denis Suarez and Ever Banega.

According to The Telegraph, the Gunners are hoping to snap up Barcelona midfielder Suarez and are also pursuing Sevilla's Banega, with both having previously played under Emery.

Barca are willing to let Suarez leave during the current window and, while Banega is a more prominent first-team figure at Sevilla, the Argentine may be tempted by the opportunity to work under Emery again.

Although it appears Arsenal will keep Aaron Ramsey until the end of the season -- the Welshman is tipped to join Juventus on a free transfer this summer -- the club seem keen on bolstering their midfield options as Emery attempts to secure Champions League football during his first year at the helm.

Solskjaer addresses Pochettino speculation

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not surprised that Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is being touted as the favourite to permanently succeed Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.

The Norwegian, who has guided the Red Devils to five straight wins after his appointment in December until the end of the season, was speaking ahead of United's clash with Spurs at Wembley on Sunday.

"The speculation is there for a reason, because he's done well," Solskjaer said. "But it's not my job to rate different managers. My focus is on me and my team."

While Pochettino has been touted as United's preferred candidate, Solskjaer is believed to be interested in taking the job on a permanent basis.

West Ham consider Shelvey move

West Ham are weighing up a bid for Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey. The Daily Mail claims Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini is a fan of the 26-year-old but does not expect the Magpies to let him go quietly.

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez is unlikely to let Shelvey leave unless the club sources a replacement for the six-time England international.

The Hammers have already added Samir Nasri to their squad in this window but face a fight to keep top scorer Marko Arnautovic at the club after the Austrian was the subject of a £35m offer from Chinese Super League champions Shanghai SIPG.

Juventus plotting Isco bid

Having seemingly won the race for Ramsey's signature, the Italian champions are eyeing up a summer move for Real Madrid midfielder Isco.

Gianluca Di Marzio claims Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici has been in contact with Isco's entourage about a potential deal.

The 26-year-old has fallen out of favour at the Spanish giants recently with his last league start coming in the 5-1 defeat to Barcelona in October.

Football Whispers' top five emerging whispers

Football Whispers' transfer algorithm gives the likelihood of rumours happening a score out of 5.

Yannick Carrasco to Arsenal -- 4.0

The Gunners have held "positive" talks with Carrasco's representatives regarding a potential loan deal for the Belgian. The winger only joined Chinese club Dalian Yifang from Atletico Madrid in February, but is already keen to secure a move back to Europe.

Allan to Paris Saint-Germain -- 3.2

PSG are poised to ramp up their interest in the Napoli midfielder with reports in Italy linking the French champions with a £72m bid for the Brazilian. Les Parisiens are keen to secure a replacement for Adrien Rabiot, who is expected to join Barcelona, but it may take a bid closer to £90m to land Allan.

Timo Werner to Tottenham -- 3.1

Spurs have also reportedly joined Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign Timo Werner. The Germany international is enjoying a fine season at RB Leipzig with 11 goals in 17 games. The 22-year-old's contract at the Red Bull Arena is due to expire in 2020 and would likely cost in the region of £40m.

Franck Kessie to Tottenham -- 1.8

Pochettino has identified the AC Milan midfielder as a potential replacement for China-bound Mousa Dembele. The Belgian is set to leave Spurs after the club accepted a £9m bid from Beijing Sinobo Guoan and Kessie, 22, is on the club's radar. The Ivorian has been one of Milan's most influential players this season, starting 18 of their 19 Serie A games.

James Tarkowski to Liverpool -- 1.3

The Premier League leaders are said to be considering a shock move for the Burnley centre-half amid Jurgen Klopp's defensive injury crisis. Dejan Lovren limped off during the FA Cup defeat to Wolves to join Joe Gomez and Joel Matip on the sidelines but The Sun claims it would take a bid of nearly £50m to prise Tarkowski away from Turf Moor.